Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Storm

My heart beats violently for you.
A tornado ripping through the silent plains of the belly of my soul.
 It passes through the veins of my being, funneling to and fro from one direction to the next.
kicking up remnants of damage long forgotten.
Leaving it behind as it falls scattered through out the wake of its passing.
What a beautiful destruction is what I think, as I follow behind, collecting the things which are mine .
My heart starts to slow as the storm passes and I wait.
I wait in anticipation for the uncontrollable beat to  start again.
I wait for the funnel to form .
I wait so I can once again collect the pieces of me that scatter with your passing .
I wait because the storm is so beautiful and full of more life then I could have ever imagined.
Ill wait till the storm breaks through my soul and there is nothing left to collect.

3 comments:

  1. This hits me on such a powerful level. I can feel the pain in your words and have goosebumps everywhere. I love you!

    ReplyDelete


  2. What a beautiful destruction is what I think, as I follow behind, collecting the things which are mine.

    I agree with Jessica the pain can be felt in your words and gives a sense of internal chaos.Pain,although not pleasant,is one of the major inspirations for creativity.Something you are blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you lisa :) sorry it took so long to respond. without pain how do we know when to grow or how to look differently. Pain helps put the pieces together if used in a healthy way and hopefully reminds us of the things that are Good in our life.

    ReplyDelete